Dry Needling at ServiceYourBody.ie Physical Therapy Lucan, Dublin
At ServiceYourBody.ie Physical Therapy Lucan dry needling is used during most treatments in conjunction with other hands on techniques. Dry needling requires less energy on behalf of the client and practitioner, dry needling treatments can equal or better the effect of other manual techniques.
Dry needling utilises a solid, filament needle, as is used in the practice of acupuncture. The term dry needling is used to differentiate the use of needling in the west from that of acupuncture.
Dry needling involves the needling of myofascial trigger points to deactivate and help resolve trigger points and associated pain.
There can be less “post treatment tissue soreness” with Dry needling than from other manual therapy interventions. However, do not worry if you do not like needles, they will not be used during your treatment!!!
Benefits of Dry Needling:
- Dry Needling is a scientifically proven form of treatment for Trigger Points
- Dry Needling can dramatically reduce Muscle tightness and associated pain
- Dry Needling triggers a non specific local and systemic response which restores health (homeostasis) and removes or reduces stresses on the body
- Dry Needling technique treats Myofascial and Musculoskeletal pain, particularly when integrated with other physical therapy manual techniques
- Dry Needling has been recommended in EU Guidelines, NICE Guidelines for treatment of low back pain.